Blue Mountain Highlights & PicnicOcho Rios Jamaica
Travel to the majestic Blue Mountains, the highest mountain range in the English-speaking Caribbean to enjoy a coffee break, guided tour and lunch at the Asafu Yard. Your journey begins the moment you’re picked up, along the way you’ll learn about Jamaica’s colorful past as you travel by historical sites and local markets. Your first stop, an open air restaurant over 2500 ft. above sea level to enjoy a sumptuous local brunch served with Blue Mountain coffee. Enjoy panoramic views of mist- covered peaks and pristine emerald valleys that provide the perfect photo opportunity. Learn all there is to know about the indigenous herbs and plants that seem to grow everywhere you look and take a look at the coffee plantations clinging to the mountainsides. You will then visit the Newcastle settlement where sometimes, you may see soldiers in training, before visiting the Asafu Yard located in one of the first free villages to rise after the era of slavery. Here, you’ll enjoy a picnic style lunch served in a calabash bowl prior to joining the locals as they sing, drum and dance. Lastly, the tour ends with an exhilarating dip in a secluded, pristine waterfall.
**The tour start time begins at the Blue Mountain location. However, this is a full day tour including guided sightseeing during travel.
- Enjoy a full day of adventure where you’ll visit many of Grenada’s prime attractions
- Learn the secrets of Grenada’s prime export crop, the nutmeg
- Visit the Diamond Chocolate Factory for a tour and chocolate tasting
- Travel to the northern town of Sauteurs to learn about the fierce Caribs
- Enjoy lunch at the Belmont Estate before a rum sampling
- Visit Grand Etang Forest and take a dip in the waters of Annandale Falls
- Confirmation will be sent within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability and minimum tour requirements
- Tour duration is not inclusive of travel time to tour location
- All tours are weather permitting
- Age & Weight restrictions may apply
- Need More Information? Check our FAQs and Terms of Usage
4:00 hours approx.
What to Bring:
- Water Shoes
- Insect Repellent
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not accessible for the physically challenged
- Not recommended for people with back problems or who have had a recent back surgery
- Not recommended for people with a recent arm/hand surgery
- Not handicapped accessible